About Kevington Hall
The Current Mansion House
Was Built Between 1767 – 1769
Constructed by the architect Sir Robert Taylor who was also responsible for other notable country houses and importantly the enlargement of the Bank of England.
The Hall is built on top of a Roman settlement and Tudor Hal.
Kevington was commissioned by Herman Behrens who was a director of The East India and Hudson Bay company. This trading connection allowed materials from around Europe to be imported in the construction of this English Palladian country House – the red clinker bricks came from Amsterdam, tiles from Heidelberg and marble from Livorno.
AN ENCHANTING PROPERTY
WITH EXQUISITE GROUNDS
Original Georgian elements rub shoulders with fabulous creative original spaces
Kevington was occupied by the a division of the Canadian army during and after the Second World War and suffered decades of decline.
The Hall subsequently returned back to private ownership and has been carefully and slowly restored as a private house with the ability to hold a small number of exclusive weddings and events per annum.
A true English Country House available for your guests or Corporate clients set within parkland only 15 minute train from central London to Orpington train station and a further ten minute taxi to the deep countryside.